What are typical liposuction prices? Depending upon a few important factors, an average liposuction operation cost varies between $2,000 and $8,000.
First off, what is liposuction? Liposuction, or lipoplasty, is a weight-loss operation that helps remove small deposits of fat from the body — mainly from the hips, legs, thighs, arms, buttocks, and mid-section. Liquid injections break up fat deposits and are then suctioned out by a trained plastic surgeon. One main purpose of liposuction is to smooth and contour the targeted portion of the body.
What determines liposuction prices?
As previously mentioned, the price of a liposuction operation can vary dramatically, depending on a number of factors. As a cosmetic operation, liposuction is generally not covered by insurance like other surgeries are: this can make the operation cost more than expected. Here are some of the main variables that come into play when determining a final cost.
- Part of the body: The specific part of the body undergoing liposuction affects the overall operation price. The abdomen and breasts will cost more on average than your back for example. Typically, body parts that store more fat will cost more on average.
- Patient size: The mass of a patient can affect the cost of liposuction. This is because there is more fatty tissue to remove, operation time can be longer, and additional visits might be necessary to achieve the derived results.
- Operation Length: Liposuction is an invasive procedure that requires a licensed plastic surgeon to perform the operation. Their time spent operating is factored into the final liposuction prices.
- Geographic Location: Basically, liposuction operations in Malibu will most likely be more expensive than in the Midwest. This is generally due to the number of experienced plastic surgeons and other factors.
- Other medical factors: There are other factors to include such as needing a qualified anesthesiologist, operating room and laboratory expenses, medical equipment, and other similar costs.
Now that we’ve discussed liposuction prices, it’s time to talk about what happens after an operation. Compared to other invasive weight-loss surgeries — tummy tucks for example — liposuction recovery times are generally much quicker. Generally, recovery times, in regards to heading back into the workforce, are in the realm of less than a week, give or take a couple of days. However, exercising and physical activity is another story: this usually takes four to six weeks.
Swelling is one of the main ailments during the recovery process. Potential scars and other surgery-related marks might also be present. Ways to help speed up the recovery process and alleviate pain are similar to other post-surgery recovery techniques. Keeping the bandages clean, drinking plenty of fluids, wearing proper clothing, and frequently utilizing recovery items provided by the medical facility are just some of the beneficial things you can be doing to help speed up the recovery process.
If you want more information or consultation about weight loss procedures, contact the lifestyle professionals at RCMC Medical to get the results you desire.